If anyone is looking for a ride to the polls for early voting (last day Fri 11/2) or on Election Day 11/6, or would like to volunteer to drive people needing rides, I recommend checking out the new group Rideshare2vote.
I did my first volunteer run as a driver using the Apple app, and it worked out great!
- call 888-977-2250 to get a ride if you prefer talking or for questions.
- to sign up as a driver start at https://rideshare2vote.net .
- Install Google (Android phone) or Apple apps for Riders and Drivers from respective stores.
Notes: When I registered with the app as a driver there were no options for vehicle type and make other than Luxury and BMW; just accept them and when you connect with a rider you can let them know what to expect. Also, there are “start ride” and “end trip” functions which help the system keep track of what’s going on. Unfortunately, since the apps are brand new there aren’t a lot of FAQ or guides available yet.
- Drivers: Before you can start accepting riders through the apps, someone will verify your information from the website registration.
- There is also a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Rideshare2Vote/
- They are also using Signup Genius for events needing multiple drivers.